Tuesday 17 May 2011

First Kiss: The Pastor's Son

I still remember mine, it was confusing and sad.


He was the rebel son of the local church pastor and so very handsome. My stomach was in butterflies when he looked at me and of course I snuck peeks at him whenever I thought he wasn’t looking. Because he was the pastors son, I was given permission to ride alone with him in his car to brunch after church or anywhere the kids were going. After all, what parent didn’t trust the pastor's son? At one of these group events, we walked away from the crowd and he kissed me. At first it was sweet, but then when he tried to stick his tongue in my mouth I didn’t understand and I resisted. I braced my lips so tightly closed that there was no way. He got angry, called me some unflattering name and stomped away back to the group. I was humiliated and thought for sure everyone knew, but if they did, no one let on. He never flirted with me again and my butterflies were gone too. It was years later before I met someone who I really wanted to share loving and intimate kisses with. So the pastor's son was just too soon, and too impatient with a young girls first crush.


Today that memory is funny to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

info related